OHOPE BOWLing Club
Our Club Activities
Hiring the Clubrooms
Names in by 12 noon for 1:00pm start
ROLL UP – Winter
Names in by 11.30 for 12.30pm start
ROLL UP GREEN FEES
Full Members: $5.00 each player
Visitors: $5.00 per player
CLUB MINI TOURNAMENTS:
Names in by 1pm on the day prior to the Tournament. Check Handbook or entry sheet for start times.
$8.00 per player
Teams or names in by 1pm on the day prior to the Tournament. Games begin at 9:30am (Whites or Team Uniform) $10 per player
Teams (or Names) to be in by 1:00pm the day before. Games begin at 9am (Whites or Team Uniform)
$10.00 per player
$5.00 per player or $10.00 per family
FULL MEMBER $180
LIMITED MEMBER $130
NON PLAYING MEMBER $25
STUDENT MEMBER $40
The Bank Account number for the club is
available in the club office.
if you want to pay your subscriptions online.
Please put name in particulars so we know whose subs are being paid.
NEW MEMBERS WANTING TO JOIN:
The membership form can be downloaded below.
The Men’s Bowling Club was established around 1949 as a private Club and run by trustees. The Club was situated in Pohutukawa Avenue near the petrol station and consisted of one grass green.Women were granted the use of the end rink on a Thursday from 1pm-4pm in return for providing afternoon tea. The first clubhouse was a small shed.
The Women’s Bowling Club was formed in 1955 & the Men’s Club was incorporated early in 1957. Men’s subscriptions were 6 pound 6 shillings & the ladies 3 pound 3 shillings. On tournament days the wives supplied a 5 star luncheon and everyone took a plate for afternoon tea. In 1959 the men agreed “that consumption of liquor in the Men’s room was forbidden for the Ladies”
In 1992 a Committee was appointed to look into the development of the Club on its present site or the establishment of the Club on another site in Ohope. The Ohope Men’s Club started talks with the Ohope Women’s Club about amalgamation. In 1993 a site was purchased in Harbour road with two artificial greens and a Clubhouse planned. After applying for grants and much fund raising, deffered applications from the Council and Court of Appeal objections overturned, the project was finally in full swing. In October 1996 the first official Club Day was held. A $600,000 complex including two international sized artificial greens, on freehold land and all this managed by a membership of just 100 men & women. The official opening of the new complex was held in February 1997, and the Men’s & Women’s Clubs were amalgamated.
Who we are
Match Committee Convener
CLUB DELEGATES TO BOWLS BAY OF PLENTY
Men: Mark Sarginson
Women: Martie Sisson
Bryan Henderson, Kevin Moore
Christine Allan (level 2)